Have Questions? We Have Answers.

Ask about our CPA services in East Islip, NY

Keeping your financial records in order, especially during tax season, is often stressful. If you have questions about Stewart Gelman and Associates CPAs P.C. or our CPA services, reach out to us. An experienced personal tax accountant from our firm in East Islip, NY will be here to help.

For more information, check out our FAQ below.

1.) Do I need to file a federal tax return?

Most likely. Most people living and working in the US are required to file a federal tax return. However, there are some exceptions. If you fall under certain age, income and filing status thresholds, you might not need to file a return. A personal tax accountant from our firm can help you find out whether you need to file a federal return.

2.) When and how can you be reached during the year and during tax season?

You can call our office at 631-224-3790 or email us by using the form on the Contact page. You can also visit our office in East Islip, NY.

3.) How do I prepare for my individual tax filing appointment?

You can prepare for your appointment by bringing your previous tax returns to our office, as well as any information regarding filing status or income changes. If you believe there are certain factors that might affect your taxes, you should make a note of them and bring up your concerns with your personal tax accountant.

4.) What is the difference between an LLC and a corporation?

A limited liability company (LLC) and a corporation are both types of businesses. The difference lies in ownership. An LLC is owned by one or more individuals, while a corporation is owned by shareholders. The type of business you have might affect the amount of personal taxes you pay.

5.) I received an IRS audit letter... now what?

If an auditor sent you an IRS letter, reach out to a reputable accounting firm. You'll need to work with a professional to protect your finances during the auditing process.

To speak with a personal tax accountant from our firm about our CPA services, call 631-224-3790 now. You can schedule an appointment with us right away.